Subject: Re: Fix signal handler

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:52:52 -0800

Markus Elfring <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > So why don't you post patches (either fixes or testcases exhibiting
> > the issue) instead of more mails containing the same points?
> >   
> 
> I try to get a feeling about acceptance for update suggestions before
> they can be expressed in the target programming language.

We've been burned too many times by people who drive-by and demand
we fix X, without showing proof that X is a problem, or offering
a patch to resolve whatever X they claim is an issue.  Each such
time burns existing well-known contributor time.

We've also been burned too many times by well-known contributors
posting "Hey, we should do Y" and then never actually writing the
code themselves.  I know, I've done it.

Pie-in-the-sky discussions serve no purpose, and just waste
everyone's time.

If its worthwhile, write the damn code, and share it.  If its not
worth your time to write the code in order to propose the idea,
its not worth our time to listen.

I've never kill-filed _ANYONE_ on this mailing list before.  You are
>.< this close to making me go figure out how to setup a kill file
on my domain just so I can stop receving all emails from you.

-- 
Shawn.