Subject: git-svn: Cannot lock the ref 'refs/remotes/tags/autotag_for_.'.

From: Tzafrir Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:39:29 +0200

Hi

I'm using git-svn for watching over SVN repositories in
svn.asterisk.org . The largest one there is
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk .

This worked fine up until recently. I was using Debian Stable with Git
1.5.6 .

Recently I upgraded my system to Debian Testing with Git 1.6 (I
currently have 1.6.6.1-1). Today I tried to update the repository (git
svn rebase --fetch-all) and got the following error:

  fatal: Cannot lock the ref 'refs/remotes/tags/autotag_for_.'.

IIRC it followed an automatic garbage-collection in the repository.

I decided to re-clone the SVN repository (I was planning on doing that
for quite some time, with a proper AUTHORS file this time. But it's a
repo of some 200,000 revisions and takes a few days to clone)

I eventually got the same error.

The specific revision that triggered it:

  http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?view=revision&revision=47394

Should git-svn mangle SVN tag names to be legal git ref names? Or just
panic before it makes the git repo invalid?

Is there a way for me to skip some tags? I can avoid that specific tag.

Please CC your replies to me as I don't actively follow this list.

-- 
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:[email-masked]
+972-50-7952406           mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.xorcom.com  iax:[email-masked]/tzafrir