Subject: Re: web-based client for Git, was Re: GSoC 2010

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:35:38 +0100

Hi!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:56:29AM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Pavan Kumar Sunkara wrote:
> 
> >   I am Pavan Kumar, a computer science student from Indian Institute of 
> > Technology, Madras. I would like to propose a new project for git GSoC 
> > 2010. I am new to git development community but i would like to start 
> > contributing to it by participating as GSoC student to develop a GUI 
> > client for git usage. Basically it will be a web client that can be 
> > accessed from other computers.
..snip..
> - It is a very interesting idea. I already know a few users who would be 
>   happy to use it.

  Could you please elaborate about your idea? It sounds to me as "just
yet another gitweb/cgit/gitorious/...". What advantages would it have
over those and why can't you implement the features you are missing
within one of the existing web interfaces? Or am I missing something
obvious?

  Thanks,

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices. -- William James