Subject: Re: web-based client for Git, was Re: GSoC 2010

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:30:47 +0100

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Petr Baudis wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:07:23PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Pavan Kumar Sunkara wrote:
>> 
>>> I saw the wishlist of gitweb in wiki.

Wishlists on the wiki have, unfortunately, trouble with sometimes being
not up to date.

>>> I would like to implement the syntax highlighting for viewing blobs.
>>> 
>>> Is there anyone working on it now?
>> 
>> http://repo.or.cz/w/git/dscho.git/commitdiff/bc1ed6aafd9ee4937559535c66c8bddf1864bec6
> 
>   Have you tried to submit this "upstream"? Why did it get dropped? This
> sounds like such a useful _and_ trivial thing that if we can't even get
> *this* integrated, surely gitweb is doomed for good...

I don't remember seeing this send to git mailing list.

Note that the patch should use quote_command(...) instead of simple
join(' ', ...) for its arguments, like it is done in git_snapshot().

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland