Subject: Re: RFD: git-bzr: anyone interested?

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:45:53 +0200

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:20:41PM -0500, Gabriel Filion wrote:
> On 2010-02-22 05:51, Ilari Liusvaara wrote:
> > bzr::ssh://something/somewhere ?
> > 
> > That goes to git-remote-bzr (as 'ssh://something/somewhere').
> > 
> That would be feasible. But for users, when they copy URLs from sites,
> they'd probably like to use it as is. (I'd like it to be like that :P )
> 
> But, as long as it's not possible right now to use "+" in the URL, I can
> implement it exactly like you said and maybe change it later if helper
> names obtain the right to have non-alnum characters.

Patch to allow '+', '-' and '.' sent (those characters were taken from
IETF STD66).

Its entierely possible to have remote helpers set up so that in git
version that doesn't allow '+', the following work (passed as means
beginning of second (URL) argument):

1) 'bzr://' [passed as 'bzr://']
2) 'bzr::ssh://' [passed as 'ssh://']

And in versions that allow '+', the following additionally work:

3) 'bzr+ssh://' [passed as 'bzr+ssh://']
4) 'ssh+bzr://' [passed as 'ssh+bzr://']

That can be done by making three copies of executable ('git-remote-bzr',
'git-remote-bzr+ssh' and 'git-remote-ssh+bzr') and the infering correct
protocol from prefix of 2nd arguement (see those "passed as" strings).

-Ilari