Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for GIT_ONE_FILESYSTEM

From: Lars Damerow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:36:45 -0700

>>From Sverre Rabbelier <[email-masked]>, Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:16:19AM +0100:
> Heya,
> 
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 22:40, Lars Damerow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > if (buf.st_dev != current_device)
> >     die("refusing to cross filesystem boundary '%s/..'", cwd);
> 
> Great, that's going to tell the unfortunate user who runs into this a
> whole lot of nothing. Shouldn't you at least tell them what git was
> trying to do, how they can fix it if this is not the desired behavior,
> etc. etc.?

Hi Sverre,

You're right, that's a badly-worded error. How about this?

    Not a git repository (or any parent up to /path/to/mountpoint)
    Stopping at filesystem boundary since GIT_ONE_FILESYSTEM is set.

-lars

--
lars r. damerow :: button pusher :: pixar animation studios

Science Factoid:  The common cockroach shares 99.5 percent of its DNA code
                  with e-mail spammers and telemarketers.