Subject: Re: native-git-svn: A Summer of Code 2010 proposal

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:04:07 -0500

Hi,

Ramkumar Ramachandra wrote:

> I just prepared another revision of my proposal- I've tried to be
> clearer about the objective, and included a timeline this time.

Very nice.  Thanks!

> == Timeline ==

The one thing I worry about is that you are proposing to wait a while
before submitting your changes upstream.  I would suggest pushing
whatever pieces work to contrib/ early on to get more feedback from
reviewers and testers.  (I am saying this selfishly, as a potential
tester.)

> July 10 - July 16: Scrub code and write documentation for mid-term
> evaluations. Commit changes to the remote helper to upstream. Try to
> get the other changes into `next`.

In particular, this seems like very little time to get the code into
shape for git.git.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jonathan