Subject: Re: GSoC draft proposal: Line-level history browser

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:02:15 -0500

Bo Yang wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I am not actually sure, but I assume “true pickaxe” refers to the
>> goals described in <http://gitster.livejournal.com/35628.html>
>> and the linked-to message.
>
> I have looked over the article and the message from Linus, it really
> help me very much.

Okay, so now I looked over that thread again.  I found this [1]:

  <http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare/index.html>

It’s for fuzzy matching of a certain kind.  The latest version is under
the GPLv3, unfortunately for us.  I would still like to reiterate my
warning to not get sidetracked on this, but maybe it would be pleasant
reading.

Enjoy,
Jonathan

[1] Thanks, Linus.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/27/focus=225