Subject: Re: More git status --porcelain lossage

From: Eric Raymond <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:06:10 -0400

Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>:
> >One issue is that there's no stream-parser JSON implementations that
> >I'm aware of.
> 
> Here is one.  It's ugly as hell, you're warned.  The only missing
> piece is making the stack state resizable.

I wrote one in C for the GPSD project that has two interesting
properties:

(1) No use of malloc(),

(2) Unpacks to *fixed-extent* data structures.

It has one language restriction: Array subelements all have to be the same type.

It's not a stream parser, so there will be compile-time limits on the
volume of data it can handle.  This isn't a big deal in the GPSD 
context, where the objects are relatively short (< 1K) datagrams.

It's very well tested and, I think, pretty bulletproof.  I've been thinking
of spinning it out as a reusable project.
-- 
		<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>