Subject: Re: git-gui disagrees with git status

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:39:26 -0700

Bill Winspur <[email-masked]> wrote:
> #
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #    .metadata/
> bwinspur@elm:~/ca.wydv.workspaces/008-leaning-group/git-lrng-wksp$
> =====
> 
> which is what I expected: my project folders are tracked, and
> .metadata/ is untracked.
> 
> - now I bring up git gui and it shows all the files under .metadata/ as
> unstaged changes, which conflicts with git status, and may be due to a
> git-gui bug

Its more a feature.

git-gui shows all untracked files, recursively expanding any
directories which contain untracked files.  git status collapses
them up.  If you don't want to track a directory, maybe you should
configure it in one of the many gitignore locations so neither git
status nor git gui shows it.

-- 
Shawn.