Subject: Re: [PATCH GSoC 2/3] git-instaweb: Configure it to work with a global server root and projects list

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:54:45 -0700

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Second, in my opinion it is not a good change at all.  Currently you
> can run "git instaweb" when inside git repository, and get a web
> browser (or a new tab in existing session of a running web browser)
> with current repository in it, to browse its history.  It is similar
> to running gitk (or other graphical history browser, like qgit, tig,
> etc.), or running "git log", but with web interface.
> 
> Now, current git-instaweb behavior has its quirks, but having
> git-instaweb show _current_ repository is a very important feature,
> and I'd rather we didn't lose it in transition.

I agree completely with Jakub here.  My original inspiration for
instaweb was being able to make local commits, fire up instaweb in my
working directory, and then to get a non-git-using cow-orker on my LAN
to review some changes before I pushed them upstream.

I'm no longer in a situation with non-git-using cow-orkers anymore, but
I suspect many folks still are.

-- 
Eric Wong