Subject: Re: About [PATCH 2/2] gitweb: Create a perl module to handle gitweb cgi params and vars

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:17:06 +0200

On Tue, 3 Jun 2010, Pavan Kumar Sunkara wrote:
> Jakub Narebski wrote:

>> Shouldn't evaluate_query_params(), evaluate_path_info(), and the
>> subroutine that ties them together evaluate_and_validate_params() be
>> in Gitweb::Request too?
>>
>> Ditto with evaluate_git_dir()?
> 
> Well, evaluate_and_validate_params() and evaluate_path_info() contains
> calls to subroutines which are not yet moved into any package. So,
> what do you want to in such a case ?

O.K., in this case you should mention in the commit message that
the subroutines evaluate_query_params(), evaluate_path_info(),
evaluate_and_validate_params() and evaluate_git_dir() didn't get
moved to Gitweb::Request because evaluate_and_validate_params()
and evaluate_path_info() contain calls to check_head_link(),
die_error() and validate_*() subroutines which are not yet moved
into any package.  And it doesn't make sense to put only some
of them in Gitweb::Request.

We can always move them later.

P.S. The validate_*() subroutines could also be moved to
Gitweb::Request.  The check_head_link() subroutine looks like
candidate for Gitweb::Util / Gitweb::Utils; I am not sure where
one should put die_error() and friends: git_header_html(),
git_footer_html(), get_page_title(), and other subroutines
they use.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland