Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2010, #02; Wed, 16)

From: "Philippe Bruhat (BooK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:42:13 +0200

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 09:24:21AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
> > * ab/tap (2010-06-09) 4 commits
> >  - We use TAP so the Perl test can run without scaffolding
> >  - Skip tests in a way that makes sense under TAP
> >  - Merge branch 'jc/t9129-any-utf8' into ab/tap
> >  - Make test-lib.sh emit valid TAP format
> >  (this branch uses jc/t9129-any-utf8.)
> 
> I was not sure why TAP is worth the trouble, and I still am not sure.

Assuming I was on the list because I'm a Perl person, I'd say
that the benefit of TAP is that there are plenty of tools that
can parse it to provide nice reports.

> > * pb/maint-perl-errmsg-no-dir (2010-06-14) 1 commit
> 
> There was a comment on what the proposed commmit log message said
> regarding $!; perhaps an update is in order?

Oh, that was for this, actually.

Ok, I'll send a new patch with the discussed change.

-- 
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Mankind is the story of the same mistakes in different places.
                                                 (Moral from Groo #1 (Image))