Subject: [PATCH 0/4] git --paginate: do not commit pager choice too early

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:22:03 -0500

Here’s a fix from the famous setup cleanup series[1].

The problem it fixes is somewhat obscure: ‘git -p foo’ is not paying
attention to the repository-local ‘[core] pager’ configuration when
run from a subdirectory.  But it is a real bug, and the fix gives
an example of how to deal with repository setup and should be safe.

Patch is against master.  There is a small semantic conflict with
jn/grep-open: SIMPLEPAGER should be changed to SIMPLEPAGERTTY in the
prerequisites for the test_default_pager function.  Please let me
know if I should push a merge commit to help resolve that.

Thoughts?
Jonathan Nieder (3):
  t7006 (pager): introduce helper for parameterized tests
  t7006: test pager configuration for several git commands
  tests: local config file should be honored from subdirs of toplevel

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (1):
  git --paginate: do not commit pager choice too early

 git.c            |    2 +-
 t/t7006-pager.sh |  234 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/144778