Subject: [GSoC update extra!] git-remote-svn: Week 9

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:57:52 +0200

Hi,

I figured that I haven't posted a recent update about the RA
svnclient, so here it is. The good news is that using a combination of
trial-and-error and twisted logic, I seem to have to fix the memory
leaks and pool lifetime issues. I also managed to ouput the
text-content-length header by writing the dump to a temporary file and
stat'ing it. Unfortunately, the headers are still malformed, and this
requires some more work to get right. The client runs successfully and
manages to dump 5000 revisions of the ASF repository:

11.34s user 3.50s system 21% cpu 1:07.69 total

That's about 75 revisions per second, which isn't too bad I hope. This
is over the network, and my internet connection isn't all that fast.

The bad news is that the client seems to signal SIGABRT when it
finishes its work for some strange reason. Fortunately, I suspect that
this is a trivial issue where I'm leaking some error or forgetting to
clean up something. Hopefully, I'll be able to resolve this and fix
the dump headers within the next few days. After that, I'll scrub the
history clean and roll a series.

-- Ram