Subject: [GSoC update] git-remote-svn: Week 11

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:35:46 +0200

Hi,

I'm happy to report that I'll soon be getting partial committer access
to the ASF repository (thanks to Greg for this) and will be able to
commit the svnrdump there. At the moment, all the validations pass
without any issues and I've shifted my focus towards writing a
dumpfile v3 parser [1] to get the data into David's exporter. I will
re-roll a series for git.git in some time again after I've fixed a few
pending things pointed out by Jonathan in his excellent reviews and
merged a few patches from Will; although this isn't top priority, it
will be pretty painful for Git developers to compile the SVN trunk
even if they want to try out git-remote-svn.

Currently, I'm implementing svndiff0 parser component of the dumpfile
v3 parser using Sam's Perl implementation [2] as a guideline. In
addition, with an excellent specification present in the Subversion
trunk [3], this shouldn't be a problem.

-- Ram

[1]: dumpfilev3 branch of
http://github.com/artagnon/svn-dump-fast-export/
[2]: http://search.cpan.org/~samv/Parse-SVNDiff/
[3]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/svndiff