Subject: Re: skipping commits via commit-msg contents

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:35:18 +0200

Hi Jim,

Jim Cromie writes:
> sometimes its desirable to commit incomplete work separately,
> for example a struct change thats intended to get compiler to report
> where changes are needed.
> 
> if git bisect were to recognize  --skip-bisect  in the subject line
> (or in commit-message somewhere, say top or bottom),
> then bisection could proceed silently past such commits.
> 
> This would also allow rebasing a patchset to markup crappy commits
> which need further work.

This is perhaps not exactly what you want, but I thought I'd mention
it anyway: I usually prefix commit messages of temporary commits with
a "fixup! " or "squash! " and then use the `--autosquash` feature of
`git rebase --interactive` in a new branch before running `git
bisect`.

-- Ram