Subject: Re: Massive repository corruptions

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:22:45 +0200

* Avery Pennarun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > * Avery Pennarun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Do you know which packfiles are corrupted?  Does 'git index-pack' on
> >> the files reveal anything?
> >
> > git@blackwidow ~/metux/work.git/pack $ git index-pack pack-3b6cbd5dc5f54cf390cfaa479cac6a99d7401375.pack
> > error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect data check)
> > fatal: pack has bad object at offset 37075832: inflate returned -3
> >
> > (that's essentially the same git-gc says)
> 
> What's the size of that .pack file?

Somewhat over 300MB. 

Lowering the packfile size seemed to help.
(but I still only can do that for git-repack, not remote transfers)

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------