Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/9] Add LICENSE

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:23:42 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Shahaf writes:
> [ are all of these CCs really necessary?  that's another thing I almost never
> see over at dev@svn ]

It's Git culture. Since our list is so high volume, many people aren't
subscribed to the list. Even those who are subscribed often cannot
read all the emails. When I CC someone on a list email, I'm implicitly
telling them "Please review this patch" or "Please comment on this" or
simply "You were involved with this work; just FYI, this is where it's
going". Most email clients have convinient markers to tell people if
they're marked on the To or Cc fields, or are simply receiving it
because they're subscribed to a list.

> If it ends in svn trunk as subversion/svnrdump/ (and not as a tools/ utility),
> it's going to have to be licensed under the Apache License v2.

Yes, I know. PATCH v2 is licensed appropriately. My intial idea was to
dual-license it: two-clause BSD for the git.git version and Apache for
the ASF version, but it seems like too much work now.

-- Ram