Subject: [PATCH 0/9] setup_git_directory(): return to original cwd upon reaching .git

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 06:15:06 -0500

Hi Duy,

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:

> Prefix and cwd should be consistent.

I agree with this, but it took me a while to figure out why your fix
is safe.  Here’s how I figured it out.

Patch 1 cleans up the test script you added a test to.  After cleaning
it up, it is clearer the test does not belong there.

Patch 2 creates a proper home for the new test.

Patches 3-7 split up setup_git_directory_gently() into small enough
pieces that a person with a short attention span can read it now.
No functional change intended.

Patch 8 is your fix.  I removed the comment (which was just confusing
me) and clarified the commit message to compensate

Patch 9 is your patch to revert the other, now redundant fix, also
with commit message tweaks.

After this exercise, your patches still look good. :)  Maybe these
by-products could be useful somehow.

Thoughts (especially improvements) welcome.

Jonathan Nieder (7):
  t1501 (rev-parse): clarify
  tests: try git apply from subdir of toplevel
  setup: split off $GIT_DIR-set case from setup_git_directory_gently
  setup: split off a function to checks working dir for .git file
  setup: split off code to handle stumbling upon a repository
  setup: split off a function to handle hitting ceiling in repo search
  setup: split off get_device_or_die function

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
  setup: do not forget working dir from subdir of gitdir
  Revert "rehabilitate 'git index-pack' inside the object store"

 builtin/index-pack.c    |   24 +--
 setup.c                 |  171 ++++++++++--------
 t/t1501-worktree.sh     |  467 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 t/t4111-apply-subdir.sh |  141 ++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 547 insertions(+), 256 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t4111-apply-subdir.sh

-- 
1.7.2.rc3