Subject: gitweb not friendly to firefox revived

From: Uwe Kleine-König <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:51:38 +0200

Hello,

gitweb (at least) doesn't quote author names enough.

Firefox barfs for me at looking at

	http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=ukl/linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=v2.6.16.10

with an error:

	XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location:
http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=ukl/linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=v2.6.16.10
Line Number 112, Column 81:
<td class="author"><a title="Search for commits authored by YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@?(B" class="list" href="/?p=ukl/linux-2.6.git;a=search;h=v2.6.16.10;s=YOSHIFUJI+Hideaki+/+%1B%24B5HF%231QL@%1B(B;st=author"><span title="YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@?(B">YOSHIFUJI Hideaki...  </span></a></td><td><a class="list subject" title="[PATCH] IPV6: XFRM: Fix decoding session with preceding extension header(s)." href="/?p=ukl/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=fa39df2ff7f6102f1f37d3cf1f68243534d56253">[PATCH] IPV6: XFRM: Fix decoding session with preceding... </a></td>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

This is with git 1.7.1 and Iceweasel (aka. Firefox) 3.5.10.

Making

	title=>"Search for commits $performed by $author"

in line 1694 of Debian's /usr/lib/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi from the git 1.7.1
package read

	title=>esc_html("Search for commits $performed by $author")

this problem goes away.  (Still my browser barfs when clicking at the name.)

I'm not sure if this is the right way to fix this and I'm too tired now
to do a complete patch, so I let this for someone else.

Best regards
Uwe

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |