Subject: Re: Massive repository corruptions

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:31:56 +0200

* Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> hmm, I have no signs of any hw corruption, but I had a patched
> version of zlib installed. Maybe some of my patches broke it, 
> so some strange overflow or sth like that caused that trouble.
> 
> Meanwhile, after reinstalling (unpatched) zlib and recloning the
> broken repos, everything seems fine again. Maybe some of you would
> like to have a look at my zlib patches ;-o

This only seemed to help for a while. Again have trouble w/ broken 
repos. But the strange thing: seems to affect only large ones. For 
example, could got clone and repeatedly gc --aggressive the git
source w/ trouble.

If it *is* any hw problem (which isnt that unplausible since that
machine is the only one making trouble now), how can I detect it ?
Shouldnt broken memory or disk raise some kernel log message ?

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------