Subject: Re: Massive repository corruptions

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:10:27 +0200

* Jussi Sirpoma <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I once had a difficult to trace memory problem on a box when one of the last
> memory banks
> was bad. It was only used during high load situations while compiling the
> kernel or something
> similar. The problem was finally pinpointed by memtest86 which stresses all
> memory.

hmm, you know some way to do a memory-stresstest w/o rebooting ?

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------