Subject: [PATCH 10/10] svn-fe manual: Clarify warning about deltas in dump files

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:58:36 -0500

Those in the know would notice that dump file format version 2
means "svnadmin dump --no-deltas", but for the rest of us, an
explicit reminder is useful.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
That’s the end of the series.  Thanks for reading.

On the horizon, as you may have guessed, are changes to use
dumpfile format v3.  Doing so sanely requires two-way communication
with fast-import, I think (as discussed).  Ram has already put
together a prototype delta applier, so it seems to be mostly a matter
of plumbing now.

 contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt |    5 ++++-
 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt b/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
index fb0ee56..35f84bd 100644
--- a/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
+++ b/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
@@ -12,7 +12,7 @@ svnadmin dump --incremental REPO | svn-fe [url] | git fast-import
 DESCRIPTION
 -----------
 
-Converts a Subversion dumpfile (version: 2) into input suitable for
+Converts a Subversion dumpfile into input suitable for
 git-fast-import(1) and similar importers. REPO is a path to a
 Subversion repository mirrored on the local disk. Remote Subversion
 repositories can be mirrored on local disk using the `svnsync`
@@ -25,6 +25,9 @@ Subversion's repository dump format is documented in full in
 Files in this format can be generated using the 'svnadmin dump' or
 'svk admin dump' command.
 
+Dumps produced with 'svnadmin dump --deltas' (dumpfile format v3)
+are not supported.
+
 OUTPUT FORMAT
 -------------
 The fast-import format is documented by the git-fast-import(1)
-- 
1.7.2.1.544.ga752d.dirty