Subject: Re: Maildir ordering in git-mailsplit (was: Using mutt as a git maintainer)

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:54:11 +0200

The 07/08/10, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Richard Braun <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> > I'm not sure about what depends on string-list.c, but based on the
> > output of a raw grep, it doesn't seem like a good idea to change the
> > way strings are sorted, especially if almost noone uses Maildir for
> > patch series. [...]

I do use maildir but never hit this problem (or never seen it, at least)
probably because I often purge the maildir "_patches" where I store
patch series.

> Would it be really that difficult to implement "version sort" in git
> (like 'ls -v' / 'ls --sort=version' does), using strverscmp (and
> provide fallback in compat/), and use it in git-am?

Yeah, it would be nice to fix this bug. I don't have time these days but
I'm marking this thread to look further later.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht