Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2010, #02; Wed, 11)

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:41:08 -0500

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * by/line-log (2010-08-11) 18 commits

Is there a simple and current “here is how to try this code and what
it will do for you” document?

In my imagination such a document is about three lines, including an
example. :)

> * jn/commit-no-change-wo-status (2010-07-24) 9 commits
>  . commit: suppress status summary when no changes staged
>  . commit --dry-run: give advice on empty amend
...

Could you revert the tip of this one?  What remains is a good
cleanup (+ change in --dry-run output for consistency), I think.

There was no positive feedback about suppressing the status summary.
I am afraid it might be a bad idea; I’d be happy if people have other
ideas for making the output friendlier.

> * jn/merge-renormalize (2010-08-05) 12 commits
...
>  . t4200 (rerere): modernize style
...
>  . t6038 (merge.renormalize): style nitpicks

Should I resend with these two ejected into a separate series?

> * jn/paginate-fix (2010-08-05) 13 commits
...
> I had trouble merging these three topics to 'pu' and ran out of time my
> git Wednesday this week.

I’ll try to find time to investigate and publish conflict-resolution
branches.

> * jn/svn-fe (2010-08-09) 10 commits
...
> There was a screw-up on my part---I should have dropped the first one and
> branched this off of jn/parse-date-basic (I'll fix it up before merging
> this to 'next').

I didn’t notice the existing parse-date-basic branch.  Sorry about
that.