Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Update compat/regex

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:50:16 -0500

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Hmm, is there [1/5] in the series?

Yes, but it probably missed the list because of vger's message length
limits.

For convenience, here is the series.  I also think the first two
patches should be combined, but this does not do so because others
might disagree.  Patch 5 (autoconf) is the v2 version.

The following changes since commit 452c6d506b1a6dcf24d4ceaa592afc39c1c1a60e:

  push: mention "git pull" in error message for non-fast forwards (2010-08-12 18:06:07 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://repo.or.cz/git/jrn.git ab/compat-regex

Frank Li (1):
      Change regerror() declaration from K&R style to ANSI C (C89)

Jonathan Nieder (1):
      autoconf: don't use platform regex if it lacks REG_STARTEND

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (3):
      compat/regex: use the regex engine from gawk for compat
      compat/regex: get the gawk regex engine to compile within git
      t/t7008-grep-binary.sh: un-TODO a test that needs REG_STARTEND

 Makefile                      |    4 +
 compat/regex/regcomp.c        | 3889 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex.c          | 5003 +----------------------------------------
 compat/regex/regex.h          |  462 +++--
 compat/regex/regex_internal.c | 1744 ++++++++++++++
 compat/regex/regex_internal.h |  810 +++++++
 compat/regex/regexec.c        | 4377 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 config.mak.in                 |    1 +
 configure.ac                  |   21 +
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh        |    2 +-
 10 files changed, 11207 insertions(+), 5106 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regcomp.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.c
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regex_internal.h
 create mode 100644 compat/regex/regexec.c