Subject: Re: Fwd: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2010, #04; Wed, 18)

From: Aharon Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:05:10 +0300

Hi! Re this:

> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:16:56 +0000
> Subject: Fwd: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2010, #04; Wed, 18)
> From: ??var Arnfj??r?? Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
> To: "Arnold D. Robbins" <[email-masked]>
>
> Hi there. The Git project grabbed the gawk regex engine to use as a
> compat engine in case the platform we're working on doesn't support
> REG_STARTEND. But because we don't compile it with RE_ENABLE_I18N
> it'll spew some warnings about unused variables (see below). Here's a
> patch to solve this:

Wow! It's really cool to be upstream for someone else. :-)

Thanks for the patch. I'll get it into my code base.

> I was going to report this upstream once I got around to finding out
> what upstream *is*, I don't *think* gawk itself is the canonical
> upstream, they just copy it from somewhere else (again, I *think*).

About every year or so, I sync from whatever is in GLIBC.  But my version
has a number of additional fixes that have not been accepted back into
the GLIBC version.

The only other possible candidate for an "upstream" source would be the
version in gnulib.

HTH,

Arnold