Subject: Re: [BUG] log: Non-zero exit code?

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:16:36 +0530

Hi René,

René Scharfe writes:
> You can leave out the test line entirely, as test_expect_success already
> checks for an exit code of zero.

Right. I should have actually read test-lib.sh before submitting a
test :p

> The test passes for me with 1.7.2.2, next and pu.  Which version of git
> do you use?

I can reproduce this on the latest `master` and `pu`.

> Error code 141 smells like the pager.  Can you reproduce the problem
> without the pager, i.e. like this?
> 
> 	git --no-pager log

Indeed, it's a pager problem as Ævar pointed out on IRC. $(git
--no-pager log) and $(GIT_PAGER='perl -pe ""' git log) return
0. Something in `less` changed?

-- Ram