Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 00/17] unexpected backslashes in man pages

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:51:01 +0200

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> This series is longer than I would like, and I am not happy to
> impose the review burden.  So if something does not look obviously
> correct at a glance, please let me know and I'll try to simplify it.
> 
> The topic: as Frédéric Brière noticed in
> <http://bugs.debian.org/540001>, various man pages have collected
> backslashes where they don't belong.

Apart from 13/17 which I was too lazy to fix manually, I have looked
through all the results.  The patches fix a lot of stray backslashes,
exactly as claimed.  For the record, this is on asciidoc 8.4.5 with
ASCIIDOC8=1 ASCIIDOC_NO_ROFF=1 GNU_ROFF=1.

I did some random checking on a box with asciidoc 8.2.7, which is the
oldest that I have at hand.  It seems to fix the issues there, too; in
any case I didn't find any of the regressions that I wanted to check
for.

So,

  Acked-by: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>

for the series.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch