Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] t7610 (mergetool): more nitpicks

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:40:38 -0700

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 07:25:52PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>  - use tabs to indent
> [...]

Cool.  I'd like to do the same to git-mergetool.sh too.
Until now I've stuck to the existing style.
My editor is setup to display tabs visually which makes it easy
for me to emulate existing code but not everyone does that.

Any objections to a patch that replaces the mixed 4-space+tab
indents with pure tabs?

It would make the git-mergetool consistent with
git-mergetool--lib, git-difftool--helper, and their tests.

I don't know if pure-tabs is the preferred style for *.sh
scripts.  It's not explicitly mentioned in CodingGuidelines'
shell script section.  Updating all of the *.sh scripts, though,
seems like code churn so I wouldn't recommend that unless we
were going to be changing the scripts anyways.

-- 

	David