Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/3] rr/fmt-merge-msg replacement

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:42:38 +0530

Hi Junio,

Junio C Hamano writes:
> Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > This is a replacement for rr/fmt-merge-msg. It corrects the problems
> > pointed out by Jonathan and adds one extra patch. Additionally, I've
> > rebased it so there's no merge conflict when you merge it into `pu`
> > (see: jn/merge-renormalize). 4/5 from v5 has been dropped.
> 
> Thanks, 
> 
> Just as a future reference, in a case like this that results in trivial
> conflict, I'd prefer to see a patch that can be used independently from
> other unrelated branches.

Oh, okay. I think I realize why- if the dependent topics are ejected,
you'll have more trouble taking this forward to `next` and `master`,
right?

> Maybe you'd want a new test or two in t6200?

Good idea! It'll give me the chance to familiarize myself with
test-lib.sh :)

-- Ram