Subject: [PATCH/RFC maint-1.7.1 0/4] instaweb 1.7.1 fixes for Debian squeeze

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:52:37 -0500

Eric Wong wrote:
>> Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>>> when I start git instaweb on a git repository, I get a crippled view
>>> (no style sheets, no images) that doesn't include the current project.
[...]
> The stylesheet is important and should be fixed.  I don't care about the
> logo and favicon (warning: I've never been a fan of logos/icons,
> needless noise IMHO), but if you're willing to help maintain it then
> it's fine by me.

Thanks, Eric; that makes sense.  How about this?

The purpose of this series is the first patch, which allows
old-fashioned instaweb to run even if /etc/gitweb.conf specifies some
layout it does not expect.

I suspect this problem is already fixed in maint by v1.7.2-rc0~55^2~3
(git-instaweb: Configure it to work with new gitweb structure,
2010-05-28; thanks, Pavan!), but users that do not like gitweb version
numbers with a 2 in them will not be able to use that.

Patches 2-4 fix some spurious 404 errors due to missing images,
noticed while debugging.

Patches are against Junio's maint-1.7.1.

Jonathan Nieder (4):
  instaweb: ignore GITWEB_CONFIG_SYSTEM
  gitweb: skip logo in atom feed when there is none
  gitweb: make logo optional
  instaweb: disable logo and favicon by default

 git-instaweb.sh    |    6 +++++-
 gitweb/gitweb.perl |   12 +++++++-----
 2 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.2