Subject: Re: Advertising the Git User's Survey 2011

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:42:06 +0200

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 13:38, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Currenly the survey has more than 5000 responses (in a not whole month)

6217 responses in 45 days now, see 
  https://www.survs.com/results/33Q0OZZE/MV653KSPI2

> 
> That seems somewhat low, but maybe people just aren't that interested
> in taking surveys.

That might be it.
 
> This may have to do with advertising however. Have you contacted sites
> like GitHub, Gitorious etc. asking them to advertise it? Is there
> maybe a list of people that have been contacted somewhere?
> 
> I bet if we could get e.g. GitHub to advertise it in their regular
> news distribution system we could raise that number of 5000
> respondents significantly.

It is announced both on GitHub Blog and in GitHub announcements, see
  http://github.com/blog/717-git-user-survey-2010
  http://img.skitch.com/20100914-q4wuyf6i8f2yt9ef2tnxaifc1a.png

Besides that, it is announced on Git Wiki, on Git Homepage, and also on
repo.or.cz, git.kernel.org, GitHub, Gitorious, InDefero, Codaset,
Codebase, Unfuddle, Savannah, SourceForge and Beanstalk.  It would be
(or is) announced on Bettercodes.org.  I have send request for 
announcement also to Codesion, Assembla, The Chaw, ProjectLocker,
CipherHive and GitFarm, but I didn't get any response yet (I might
not found and used correct contact information).

I am still sending announcements to other git hosting sites...
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland