Subject: Re: Filter certain files on rebase

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:18:07 +0200

* Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:00, Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > is it somehow possible to filter out certain files on rebase
> > operations. The problem is: I'm maintaining a lot of downstream
> > branches, where sometimes upstream leaves in autogenerated files
> > (eg. configure) which I want to get rid of. When I just remove
> > them by another commit, I'll get conflicts on next rebase.
> 
> You *could* with the "edit" option to interactive rebase and a custom
> editor script, but this is the sort of thing git-filter-branch(1) is
> for.

So I should run the upstream branch through git-filter-branch
before rebasing to it ?

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------