Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3 v2] use cache for function names in hunk headers

From: Clemens Buchacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:43:18 +0200

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 06:26:56PM +0200, René Scharfe wrote:
> 
> Is xf needed?  Does xdl_emit_diff() handle multiple files in one go?

Right now it does not.

> If you inline xdl_find_func() the struct isn't needed anymore.
[...]
>
> How about something like this?

Yes, that's better. Thanks.

> -	/*
> -	 * Be quite stupid about this for now.  Find a line in the old file
> -	 * before the start of the hunk (and context) which starts with a
> -	 * plausible character.
> -	 */
>
> It also removes an outdated comment.

Actually, in the default case, the comment is still correct and
helpful IMO.

> The inlining part should probably split out in its own patch..

I am not sure what you mean here. Do you want to add the parameter
funclineprev to the function and remove the function in the next
page, or do you want to refactor the below into an inline function?

Clemens