Subject: Re: Splitting the mailing list up

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:53:56 +0200

The 26/09/10, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> Right, but for the *main* mailing list. However if Rico, Walter and
> others would find a limited traffic mailing list valuable there's
> nothing stopping them from setting one up.
> 
> Jay linked to an archive where someone is running RSS feeds of the
> different parts of the git list, similarly you could set up a git-user
> list which would be a version of the git list filtered to reduce patch
> traffic.
> 
> Maybe that list wouldn't make much sense when patches are intermingled
> with regular discussion, but it's worth a try.

zsh mailing lists(1) are splitted in users and workers where submissions
in the users list are forwarded to workers. This looks like a good
solution for the git mailing list(s), IMHO.

1. http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Arc/mlist.html

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht