Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] Extensions of core.ignorecase=true support

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:17:34 +0200

Thank you for the resend.

On Sonntag, 3. Oktober 2010, Joshua Jensen wrote:
>  git status and add both use an update made to name-hash.c where
>  directories, specifically names with a trailing slash, can be looked up
>  in a case insensitive manner. After trying a myriad of solutions, this
>  seemed to be the cleanest. Does anyone see a problem with embedding the
>  directory names in the same hash as the file names? I couldn't find one,
>  especially since I append a slash to each directory name.
>
>  The git add path case folding functionality is a somewhat radical
>  departure from what Git does now. It is described in detail in patch 5.
>  Does anyone have any concerns?

Since I'm not an expert in the area that is touched by this series, I'd like 
to draw the list's attention to the questions in these two paragraphs.

Junio, IIRC, the series appeared in next for some time before the 1.7.3 
release. Does this imply that you reviewed the series and deemed the 
implementation sound?

-- Hannes