Subject: Re: Advertising the Git User's Survey 2010 - report

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 11:46:43 +0200

Dnia sobota 2. października 2010 03:07, Štěpán Němec napisał:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> On 9/30/10, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>  Are there channels that should be utilized missing from the above list?
>>>>  How next year Git User's Survey 2011 (if there would be one) should be
>>>>  announced?
>>>
>>> From the report, 77% answers question 21 as "this is my first survey",
>>> I think you have done a fantastic job.
>>
>> That, or (more likely) these people have started to seriously look at git
>> within the past year.  There doesn't seem to be a more direct "How long
>> have you been using git?" question, but look at #22 as a proxy.  54% of
>> the people answer they cannot compare the current version of git and the
>> one from one year ago.

Hmmm... such question was removed from the survey, but perhaps we should
re-introduce it, perhaps in tabularized (1 week, 1 month, few months,
year, few years, 5 years or more) rather than free-form question?

> 
> Heh... I actually misunderstood that question as asking about the
> _survey_, not the Git version... I suspect I'm not the only one, so
> please make the question less ambiguous in future versions. :-)

Will fix.  It will be "How do you compare the current _Git_ version
with the version from one year ago?".  

Putting it just after "21. Did you participate in previous Git User's
Surveys?" probably just increased the confusion, even though below
this question is description what changed in *Git* since year ago.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland