Subject: Re: [PATCHv6 15/16] Add missing &&'s throughout the testsuite

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 16:17:52 -0500

Elijah Newren wrote:

> +++ b/t/t5550-http-fetch.sh
> @@ -93,9 +93,7 @@ test_expect_success 'fetch notices corrupt idx' '
>  '
>  
>  test_expect_success 'did not use upload-pack service' '
> -	grep '/git-upload-pack' <"$HTTPD_ROOT_PATH"/access.log >act
> -	: >exp
> -	test_cmp exp act
> +	! grep '/git-upload-pack' <"$HTTPD_ROOT_PATH"/access.log >act

Wait a moment: this writes its output to act instead of stdout,
so one still does _not_ get to see the output when debugging
with -v.

Probably the nontrivial changes (this one and adding a SYMLINKS
prereq) should be split off as separate patches or mentioned in
the log message?

Pro tip: if all that remains is tiny tweaks like these, you can
probably ask Junio to amend instead of resending everything. :)