Subject: [PATCH 2/4] Documentation: diff can compare blobs

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:04:08 -0500

Meanwhile, there is no plumbing command to compare two blobs.
Strange.

Reported-by: Yann Dirson <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-diff.txt |    5 +++--
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-diff.txt b/Documentation/git-diff.txt
index 481a33c..db2c6c2 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-diff.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-diff.txt
@@ -64,8 +64,9 @@ forced by --no-index.
 
 Just in case if you are doing something exotic, it should be
 noted that all of the <commit> in the above description, except
-for the last two forms that use ".." notations, can be any
-<tree-ish>.
+in the last two forms that use ".." notations, can be any
+<tree>.  The third form ('git diff <commit> <commit>') can also
+be used to compare two <blob> objects.
 
 For a more complete list of ways to spell <commit>, see
 "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in linkgit:gitrevisions[7].
-- 
1.7.2.3