Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2010, #07; Wed, 29)

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:26:58 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:26:46PM +0200, SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 05:16:10PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > * ml/completion-zsh (2010-09-06) 1 commit
> >   (merged to 'next' on 2010-09-22 at d62d10e)
> >  + completion: make compatible with zsh
> > 
> > Comments from bash users regarding regressions?
> 
> No regressions so far here, but I don't use the "divergence from svn
> upstream" feature (although the two changes in that codepath seem to
> be fairly trivial).

There is one regression, though.

We made changes in the past to get the completion script working when
'set -u' is enabled, see commits 25a31f8 (bash-completion: Support
running when set -u is enabled, 2009-01-15) and 6c44b64
(bash-completion: Fix __git_ps1 to work with "set -u", 2010-06-17).
This patch causes an unbound variable error with 'set -u' when it
checks $ZSH_VERSION, which is, of course, undefined in bash.

Following up on 25a31f8, using ${ZSH_VERSION-} avoids such errors
under bash and 'set -u', and I think it should work with zsh, too.

Best,
Gábor