Subject: Re: Automating svn<->git gateway

From: Jan Hudec <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:17:34 +0200

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 01:25:48 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> On wtorek 12. października 2010 22:31, Jan Hudec napisał:
> > So while I'm sure the native SVN support will solve the quirks and bugs of
> > git-svn, it will not do away with need for the gateway repository that will
> > somehow synchronize itself with subversion.
> 
> Well, I think that native SVN support would allow to treat subversion
> repository as one of repositories in the network of repositories.  Those
> repositories could be set in that pushing to central git repository pushes
> also to subversion repository, and like central git repository fetches
> from leaf repositories, it would fetch from subversion repository.

Yes. Except I don't know how to do the "pushing to central git repository
pushes also to..." part. Subversion or not.

Though, I guess if it worked well enough to preserve the merge commit (i.e.
when I push and pull, I see the commit I pushed, not any kind of rewrite),
pushing in update-hook would be quite many bits simpler.

-- 
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <[email-masked]>