Subject: [PATCH/RFC 0/2] test_terminal: check that TTY prerequisite is declared

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:37:21 -0500

Jeff King wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:16:42PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>> Missing TTY prerequisite.  (Do you think test_terminal should check
>> $prereq to prevent this?)
>
> Oops, good catch. I think we should already catch it, as test_terminal
> will not be defined at all in the no-tty case. We could print a nicer
> message, but

I rather meant something like this.

Patch 1 exposes the internal $prereq variable from
test_expect_(success|failure).  Maybe it should be called
GIT_TEST_something to avoid trampling other programs' namespaces?  Not
sure.

Patch 2 introduces some magic autodetection so people that never run
tests without -v can still notice the missing TTY prereqs.

Jonathan Nieder (2):
  test-lib: allow test code to check the list of declared prerequisites
  test_terminal: catch use without TTY prerequisite

 t/t7006-pager.sh |   20 ++++++++++++--------
 t/test-lib.sh    |   26 +++++++++++++++++++-------
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.3