Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Re: fast-import: Allow filemodify to set the root

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:00:05 -0500

Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> In other words, with this patch, I worry that a
> 
> 	M 040000 ...sha1... "foo/bar/"
> 
> line would be sometimes ignored and sometimes not.  Confusing.

Hey, my worries were unfounded!  Nice when that happens.

Patch 1 is an unrelated bugfix.

> Would it make sense to just handle the empty-path case in the callers
> (file_change_m(), file_change_cr()) to avoid this?

Patch 2 introduces this change anyway, to propose that change, to
avoid unnecessarily introducing a new "foo/bar/" syntax that does not
work with git 1.7.3.

I hope they are not too dull to read.
Jonathan Nieder (2):
  fast-import: filemodify after M 040000 <tree> "" crashes
  fast-import: tighten M 040000 syntax

 fast-import.c          |   54 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 t/t9300-fast-import.sh |   68 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 109 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.3