Subject: Re: [PATCHv2] Add support for subversion dump format v3

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 04:54:08 -0500

David Barr wrote:

> Patch 1 adds the required infrastructure to fast-import.
> This features the addition of the cat-blob command

Patch 1: maybe someone wants to pick this up and make the minor
changes it needs (a test or two to maintain sanity)?

> Patch 2 adds the basic parsing necessary to process the v3 format.

The log message doesn't give context but the patch is good
and safe.  Unknown keys are ignored so it is basically a
no-op except for using a little more memory.

> Patch 3 adds logic around decoding prop deltas.

It would be nice if someone who is not Junio cleans up the style.

Patch 4 (unmentioned for some reason): the log message doesn't give
context but the patch is good.  I think this could be picked up right
away.  There would be semantically unimportant merge conflicts if
cherry-picking without the patches introducing buffer_read_binary()
and changing buffer_copy_bytes() to take an off_t.

> Patch 5 integrates svn-fe with svn-da to decode text deltas.

I like it a lot but am interested in the follow-ups to Ram's comments.
Of course this requires the svn-da series so I'd prefer to give it
a few more days' cooking.

Summary:

 - patch 4 could be picked up right away imho
 - the rest need some work, but not much
 - the series is available from
   git://github.com/barrbrain/git.git svn-fe3

Regards,
Jonathan