Subject: Re: "Git - SVN Crash Course" page copied to the wiki

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:09:52 +0200

Hi!

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:24:43PM +0100, Andrew Sayers wrote:
> Petr Baudis has said he can no longer maintain the "Git - SVN Crash
> Course" page at http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html, and that he would
> prefer it go on the wiki.  I think this is a really useful resource, so
> I've done just that:
> 
> 	https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnCrashCourse
> 
> I've already made some fairly substantial changes, and plan to add more
> as I have time over the next week.  In particular, I've tried to make it
> talk more about git-svn than it did, but please rename it if you feel
> the title still oversells the git-svn aspect.

  Personally, I think conflacting git and git svn like now fogs things
up a bit and may be confusing; I think it would be clearer to describe
the git svn usage separately, or at a separate section at the end. Do
not take me overly seriously, though.

  Anyway, I just added a pointer to the wiki page at the top of my
instance, where plenty of stuff still links. I think at points it's
easier to read and should not be *grossly* outdated at any point yet,
so I added a link to it to the wiki page too.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The true meaning of life is to plant a tree under whose shade
you will never sit.