Subject: [PATCH en/and-cascade-tests 0/7]

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:38:37 -0500

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:

>  builtin/branch.c         |    3 +++
>  builtin/checkout-index.c |    3 +++
>  builtin/commit.c         |    6 ++++++
>  builtin/gc.c             |    3 +++
>  builtin/ls-files.c       |    3 +++
>  builtin/merge.c          |    3 +++
>  builtin/update-index.c   |    3 +++
>  builtin/upload-archive.c |    7 ++++---

Okay, all of them survive a reroll except upload-archive.  As for
upload-archive:

 - it already doesn't support "-h"
 - it is such low-level plumbing, I don't really mind that.  Maybe
   someone is using a repository named "-h" (though I hope not, of
   course).

Maybe these patches should be squashed.  I separated them because they
were easier to write and it would be easier to cc the right people
this way.

The primary motivation for the series is that the repository checker
from the nd/setup series will not be happy without some change like
this.  In the git <foo> -h codepath, repository setup is not run so
repository access is forbidden.

The secondary motivation is to create better behavior in situations of
repository corruption.  When I type "git checkout -h", I am asking for
a usage message, not a repository self-check.  Especially when trying
to repair a repository, commands that do not do what they are asked to
are generally frustrating to use.

Patches apply on top of "test-lib: make test_expect_code a test
command" from the en/and-cascade-tests topic.

Enjoy,
Jonathan

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (7):
  branch -h: show usage even in an invalid repository
  checkout-index -h: show usage even in an invalid repository
  commit/status -h: show usage even with broken configuration
  gc -h: show usage even with broken configuration
  ls-files -h: show usage even with corrupt index
  merge -h: show usage even with corrupt index
  update-index -h: show usage even with corrupt index

 builtin/branch.c                |    3 +++
 builtin/checkout-index.c        |    3 +++
 builtin/commit.c                |    6 ++++++
 builtin/gc.c                    |    3 +++
 builtin/ls-files.c              |    3 +++
 builtin/merge.c                 |    2 ++
 builtin/update-index.c          |    3 +++
 t/t2006-checkout-index-basic.sh |   24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh   |   32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3004-ls-files-basic.sh       |   39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3200-branch.sh               |   11 +++++++++++
 t/t6500-gc.sh                   |   28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7508-status.sh               |   24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7600-merge.sh                |   11 +++++++++++
 14 files changed, 192 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t2006-checkout-index-basic.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t3004-ls-files-basic.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t6500-gc.sh

-- 
1.7.2.3