Subject: Re: [PATCHv6 10/10] gitweb: group remote heads by remote

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:07:44 +0200

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> > +# It is possible to limit the retrieved remotes either by number
> > +# (specifying a -limit parameter) or by name (-wanted parameter).
> 
> I don't quite like limiting when generating, and would prefer do limiting
> on display, especially if not doing limiting would not affect performance
> much (git command invoked doesn't do limiting, like in case of 
> git_get_heads_list / git_get_tags_list or *most important* parse_commits).
> 
> Especially if it complicates code that much (see below).
> 
> Not doing limiting here, in git_get_remotes_list (or just git_get_remotes)
> would also make API simpler; the single optional argument would be name of
> remote we want to retrieve.

Note that you can see the changes I have mentioned here:

  git://repo.or.cz/git/jnareb-git.git  gitweb/allheads-jn

  http://repo.or.cz/w/git/jnareb-git.git/shortlog/refs/heads/gitweb/allheads-jn
  http://github.com/jnareb/git/commits/gitweb%2Fallheads-jn

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland