Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Oct 2010, #02; Tue, 26)

From: Peter van der Does <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:33:52 -0400

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:13:18 -0700
Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:

> * ml/completion-zsh (2010-09-06) 1 commit
>   (merged to 'next' on 2010-09-22 at d62d10e)
>  + completion: make compatible with zsh
> 
> Reported as breaking people with "set -u".
> 

With the patch "Make git-completion Bash 4 compatible" in mind, it
might be useful to start looking into a different way to distribute the
completion script to accommodate different shells. Adding compatibility
for each shell into one script can get nasty. We could have a different
completion script for each shell.

As of right now the completion script is compatible with Bash 3 and
zsh. I don't know if the new code provided with the proposed patch "Make
git-completion Bash 4 compatible" is zsh compatible.

-- 
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98
Twitter: @petervanderdoes